St James's Hotel & Club
Style Rejuvenated gentleman’s club
Setting Moments from Mayfair
In the parkside heart of London’s clubland (of the cognac-sipping, rather than dance variety), the red and white Victorian façade of St James’s Hotel & Club hides the grown-up glamour within. Newly revamped and restored, the decor captures that quintessential Mayfair elegance and then some, with Murano chandeliers, a priceless collection of portraiture and the most snooze-worthy beds you’ll ever sleep in.
Need to know
- Rooms 60, including 10 Suites.
Double rooms from AU$321.40 (£205), excluding tax at 20 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 5% per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£205) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (£16 for Continental).
- Facilities In-room spa and beauty treatments, free WiFi throughout, valet parking (£59 a day). In rooms: flatscreen TV, VDA multimedia system with music and videos, iPod dock, minibar, free bottled water, Hypnos beds, Penhaligon's bath products.
- Check-out Midday, but possibly later, if availability permits. Check-in, 3pm.
- Children Baby cots and extra beds for under-12s are provided free. There’s a kids’ menu, and babysitting can be arranged (minimum four hours) with three days' notice. The kids’ concierge can arrange attraction tickets, day trips and early high teas.
- Also The hotel has an impressive stash of 20th-century portraiture, including the 1920s–50s Rosenstein Collection, which adorns its public spaces and suites.
Food and drink at St James's Hotel & Club
St James’s Michelin-starred restaurant, Seven Park Place, spreads itself over a few small and simple rooms around the bar area, leant a fresh feel by the lemon-yellow banquettes and black and cream slipper chairs. In addition to the jus and foams of the dinner selection, there’s an all-day bar menu of more low-key gastro-pub dishes in William's Bar & Bistro.
- Dress code Modern Mayfair man, poised Piccadilly princess.
- Top table For privacy, secure the spot in the alcove by the window.
- Last orders Dinner is served until 10pm, lunch from midday to 2pm and breakfast from 7am to 10.30am.
- Room service A menu of salads, soups and pasta is available 24 hours a day.
St James’s hotel bar is lined with contemporary artworks and silk- and cashmere-coated wall coverings; in a smart palette of gold, lemon and blue – a discreet champagne-supping spot for West London’s smart set.
St James's Hotel & Club 7–8 Park Place, St James's, London SW1A 1LS
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at St James's Hotel & Club
A bottle of house white wine
Offers at St James's Hotel & Club
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The huge sixth-floor Terrace Suite is the ultimate London crashpad: vast, with an open fireplace and a large roof terrace overlooking the rooftops of St James. Even more decadence-drippingly exclusive, the St James and Westminster Suites (which can combine to create the Penthouse) are accessed via their own private lift. More modest – but still featuring the same sumptuous silk wallpapers, polished stone bathrooms and hi-tech gadgetry – are the Executive Rooms – ask for one with a Jacuzzi or a balcony.
Don’t forget your iPod for the in-room docking station. Mr Smith should definitely bring an extra bag (or money to buy one) – the gentlemen’s tailoring options in Mayfair are unparalleled in London.
Don’t miss the hotel’s cocktail hour, not just for the delicious concoctions on offer in the bar, but also for the ever-changing popcorn flavour of the day. Try to catch one of the hotel's cheese and wine or chocolate masterclasses. Sommelier Christophe Thuilot has extremely trustworthy tastebuds and his unconventional pairings (soft Tunworth cheese with cider) give a new twist to the classic cheese board.
From the Guestbook…
We were only there for one night. We experienced a problem in the bathroom and Alice the hotel manager couldn't have been more supportive or helpful. She was truly great and our st...more