Style Cool crash-pad club
Setting Behind Brick Lane
Shoreditch Rooms at Shoreditch House is a converted warehouse wonder in London’s gentrified East End. There’s a pool on the roof, a bowling alley for private hire on the fourth floor and a Cowshed spa to boot. This easterly outpost of Soho House members’ club has opened its doors for the public to sneak in, party hard then crash out in comfort.
Need to know
- Rooms 26.
Double rooms from AU$281.47 (£171), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£171) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (£10 each).
- Facilities Cowshed spa, gym, gardens, free WiFi in all rooms. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, minibar, Cowshed products and free bottled water.
- Poolside There’s a sunlounger-surrounded heated pool on the roof, with a bar close by. Just behind, the garden area has open fires, a herb plot and double day-beds.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible if there’s availability. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Extra beds can be added into Small rooms for £25 a night. There’s free entertainment for kids on the fourth floor between 10am and 5pm at weekends. Children are allowed on the roof until 12pm and in the restaurant until 6pm.
- Also The hotel has a Cowshed spa; treatments including the famous facials (and a list of special maternity ones, too) can be taken up on the roof if you like.
Food and drink at Shoreditch Rooms
- Hotel restaurant The House Kitchen on the fifth floor dishes up Italian classics such as pizza, pasta and cicchetti (miniature mouthfuls, including quails’ eggs with tuna, and octopus with black olives and potato). Shared wooden tables with black chairs and antique candelabras surround the open kitchen.
- Dress code Skinny jeans, cravats, geeky bins and all forms of head gear.
- Top table For more privacy, head up to the rooftop and pick a banquette table around the central stone fireplace.
- Last orders Food is available most of the time: breakfast until 12pm, lunch until 6pm, dinner until 11.30pm, after which pizzas keep coming until 2am (except on Sundays). The bar stays open until 2.30am (midnight on Sundays).
- Room service Breakfast can be served to your room until midday.
- Hotel bar The action’s mostly on the fifth floor, where you’ll find the copper-coloured Square Bar. The open-plan space is separated from the pool table and restaurant by bookcases; perch on a leather bar stool, or take your drinks skywards to the roof or another lounge area. There’s a DJ on Friday and Saturday nights.
Shoreditch Rooms 1 Ebor Street , Shoreditch, London, E1 6AW
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Shoreditch Rooms
A selection of Cowshed products
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The names (Tiny, Small and Small+) give the game away size-wise, but book a Small+ and you’ll also get a roomy City-facing terrace. For the widest views, ask for a corner room and ogle the Gherkin from your window. Rooms are colour-coordinated: grey and navy to please the boys, and pastels and coral for the girls.
There’s a ‘Borrow Me’ section filled with things to play with, read and watch – so leave the board games, books and DVDs behind.
Mobile phones and suits are banned by house rules.