Style Art-school riad
Setting Alleys of Bab Doukkala
Riad 72 is laid out in traditional riad style, with a big rectangular central courtyard (complete with banana trees), flanked by rooms on each side. Downstairs is an elegantly decorated communal room with an intricately carved ceiling, and gently lit by beautiful copper lanterns. The colours are deep chocolate – earthy and rich.
Need to know
- Rooms One suite, two deluxe rooms, one standard.
Double rooms from AU$152.33 (€114), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€114) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, afternoon mint tea and pastries.
- Facilities Hammam, massage (techniques depend on masseur available), roof terrace, Internet access.
- Check-out Midday to 1pm, but flexible if unoccupied.
- Children Welcome. The Karma suite can accommodate two extra beds. No charge for under-fours; €30 a night for four–13-year-olds; €50 for 14-plus. Babysitting on request.
- Also Airport transfer €12 each way. Guide can be arranged.
Food and drink at Riad 72
- Hotel restaurant Moroccan cuisine, whenever and wherever you choose. Orders must be put in at breakfast for lunch, and by 2pm for dinner, since fresh produce is bought daily from the market.
- Dress code As though you’re at home.
- Top table In summer, on the roof terrace by candlelight; in winter, in the dining room.
- Room service 24-hour for drinks; food availability limited after kitchen closes at midnight.
- Hotel bar No bar as such; you can relax with a drink wherever you choose in the riad.
Riad 72 72 Arset Awsel,Dar El Bacha., Marrakech, 40000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Riad 72
A bottle of red wine on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Karma suite is a very big, light room with original carved wooden ceiling and Japanese-style square tadelakt bath. Ammal is a smaller deluxe room, good-value, with an extra-long extra-deep tadelakt bath.
A compass to help you through the labyrinthine souks.