Paradise Island Villas
Style Set-apart, secluded villas
Setting Cretan paradise found
The family-friendly Paradise Island Villas are scattered between the mountains and Mediterranean, just outside Anissaras. Terracotta tiles and bougainvillea-clad walls lead the way to the earthy interiors of ivory-hued, minimalist design. Outside, private gardens have their own pools, dining areas and Jacuzzi jets.
Need to know
- Rooms 12 villas.
Double rooms from AU$299.28 (€223), excluding tax at 11 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€223) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€8.50 each for Continental).
- Facilities Gym, tennis court, playground, book/DVD library and free WiFi. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, free bottled water, microwave, PC, fridge and coffee maker.
- Poolside There are two outdoor pools, surrounded by palm trees and linen deck chairs.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible at no cost if there’s availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Cots and extra beds are free. Babysitting costs €15 an hour. There are tennis courts and a children’s playground in the grounds. More...
- Also Lightweight pets (under 5kg only) are allowed. Guests can smoke in any of the outdoor areas.
- Hotel closed November to April.
Food and drink at Paradise Island Villas
- Hotel restaurant Ambrosia dishes up Mediterranean cuisine with a few Greek enhancements here and there. You can’t beat the catch of the day, grilled and served with roasted vegetables. There’s also locally reared lamb to look out for, and make sure you leave room for the loukoumades (a doughnut-like dessert with honey and ice-cream). The room is bright, with decorative ladders hanging on the walls. The poolside restaurant is mostly outside, so expect a light and airy setting, with views of the mountains in the distance. Poolside barbecues happen every week.
- Dress code The temperature rises around here: floaty and feminine for Mrs Smith, crisp cotton for Mr Smith.
- Top table Base your preference on proximity to the pool – close up to see the swimmers, or splash-proof at the back.
- Last orders Leisurely breakfasts take place between 9am and 12pm; lunch is served between 12pm and 5pm; dinner is 7pm until 11pm. The bar shuts at midnight.
- Room service Breakfast, lunch and drinks can be ordered from 9am up until 7pm.
- Hotel bar The ultra-modern poolside bar is decked out with hanging stainless steel lights and azure-coloured sidelighting to match the turquoise water. Try the local wines and champagne punch. It’s chilled out to the max (in fact, watch the soothing Greek sounds don’t send you to sleep).
Paradise Island Villas Anissaras, Hersonissos, Crete, 70014
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Paradise Island Villas
Bottle of Cretan wine and a hamper of local produce
Current offers at Paradise Island Villas
Offers at Paradise Island Villas
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The villas with views are the ones to go for (Executive, Paradise and Superior). They’re all named in mythological terms so pick your hero (Zeus, Aphrodite, Poseidon…).
More than a modesty-preserving leaf is required. Try your slinkiest swimwear, sarongs and soft linens instead.
Spa treatments have been developed using traditional home-made recipes; select one and have it in the privacy of your villa’s garden.
From the Guestbook…
This place is heavenly it's one of those destinations where you breathe a sigh and think don't ever make me leave. The villas are stunning; everything is super sharp in terms o...more