Metropolitan by Como, London
Style Heights of fashion
Setting Pride of park-side Mayfair
Since this enviably located Park Lane hotel opened, Metropolitan by Como, London has more than earned its reputation for extravagantly hip urban comfort. With its prime Hyde Park Corner setting, exquisite Japanese food at Nobu and a revamped bar with quite a reputation, the Met has become a byword for stylish stays in the capital.
Need to know
- Rooms 144.
Double rooms from AU$420.68 (£268), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£268) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gym, free WiFi throughout, valet parking. In-room amenities: flatscreen 60-channel TV, CD juke box and film library, DVD player, minibar. All studios and suites have iPod docks and yoga mats.
- Check-out 12 noon, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Extra beds for under-16s are free. Babysitting can be arranged (minimum four hours; £10–£14 an hour; £14.50 booking fee). Children’s menus are available. More...
- Also The Metropolitan also has 19 self-catering apartments nearby that can be rented by the week.
Food and drink at Metropolitan by Como, London
Ever-hip hangout Nobu has a reputation that extends well beyond London. And deservedly too – the world-ranking restaurant is hard to beat either in terms of style or the artistry of its delectable New Japanese cuisine.
- Dress code Papped and pampered A-list.
- Top table Tucked away in a corner by the window – make sure you get a view of Hyde Park.
- Last orders Nobu closes its kitchen at 10.15pm on weekdays, 11.15pm on Saturdays, and 9.45pm on Sundays.
- Room service 24-hour room-service menu, including Nobu specialties, burgers, sandwiches and drinks.
A decade-old veteran of the London scene, the revamped Met Bar has dropped its longstanding members-only policy and turned up the lights. The long glass wall is clear by day, but turns opaque as night falls to keep things private and privileged. The bar itself is leather-clad lava-stone, surrounded by plum-coloured chairs and butterscotch banquets, and a corrugated cardboard relief depicting dancers ticks the maverick-modern-art box. Cocktails are a highlight – try a 'Storm in a Teacup', a gin/liqueur concoction served in antique china, with a side of Turkish delight.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Metropolitan by Como, London 19 Old Park Lane, London W1K 1LB
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Metropolitan by Como, London
A bottle of Como wine and a £25 voucher to use at the Como Shambhala Urban Escape spa; guests booking a suite or a stay of three nights or more will also get a bottle of champagne (instead of wine) and a fruit platter
Current offers at Metropolitan by Como, London
Offers at Metropolitan by Como, London
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The choice is between the view over Mayfair or Hyde Park – if it’s city vistas you’re after, plump for a City Studio (which includes a dining table); for gazing at the green, green grass, pick a Park Suite. It would border on negligence not to mention the Metropolitan’s rock-star-ready Penthouse Suite, which, with its floor-to-ceiling windows, boasts one of the most brain-boggling king-of-the-world views in the capital.
Your finest designer threads – being out-dressed by the fashionista clientele is one thing, but being out-dressed by the Armani-clad staff is quite another.
Day-spa devotees can properly pamper themselves at Como Shambhala Urban Escape with one of the vast medley of Asian-inspired holistic treatments, including reiki, Thai massage, reflexology and shiatsu on offer. The newly expanded space features six plush rooms and relaxation zones.
From the Guestbook…
If you are travelling with kids and if they like animals, you must visit St James Park with a pack of nuts. Squirrels in the park are amazing. They are not afraid of humans at all....more