Lion Sands, Ivory Lodge
Style Boutique bushveld
Setting Extraordinary plain
In South Africa's famous Kruger National Park, each villa at Lions Sands, Ivory Lodge has a private pool and luxurious interiors. There's a telescope for viewing animals or the African starscape from your deck; and game drives and safari walks get you close to some of the world's most magnificent wildlife in a totally pristine habitat.
Need to know
- Rooms Six villas.
Double rooms from AU$1812.36 (ZAR16,800), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (ZAR16,800) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include all meals and most drinks, transfers to and from Skukuza airport, two game drives every day and other wildlife activities such as escorted bush walks.
- Facilities CD, Internet, direct dial telephone, air-con and open fireplaces. Maxi bar (full-sized bottles) and snacks including biltong, chocolate, nougat and fruit.
- Poolside Each villa has a private pool. There is a telescope for viewing animals from deck.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible.
- Children Over-10s are welcome; an extra bed is available. Over-12s pay the full adult price. A private Land Rover is recommended for family groups.
- Also Guests can have massages and treatments at the hotel's Lalamuka Health Spa or in their villa. Park entrance fees are not included; guests on self drives will have to pay R110–R120 for their vehicle and R20–R30 a person.
Food and drink at Lion Sands, Ivory Lodge
- Hotel restaurant Breakfast and lunch are normally served on the lower wooden viewing deck, but lunch can also be served in your villa. Dinner options are fine dining indoors or a buffet in the outdoor boma under the stars. Meals are also be served in the bush.
- Dress code Relaxed and comfortable. Practical clothing for safaris (preferably not in neon colours).
- Top table Outside on the deck, under the stars.
- Last orders Lunch is served 1pm–3.30pm; afternoon tea from 4pm; dinner from 7.30pm. The bar closes when the last guest leaves.
- Hotel bar All drinks are included in the room rate, except premium brands and champagne.
Lion Sands, Ivory Lodge Lion Sands Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa, 1240
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Lion Sands, Ivory Lodge
A romantic turn-down and private in-suite dining experience with butler service
Current offers at Lion Sands, Ivory Lodge
Offers at Lion Sands, Ivory Lodge
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The villa nearest the river has the best views and a little bit of extra privacy – it's often given to honeymooning couples.
Bring sturdy, ankle-length thick-soled boots for bush walking. Sun cream and a hat are recommended. Bring a warm fleece in winter for night safaris.