Les Servages d'Armelle
Style Convivial contemporary chalet
Setting Slopes of Mont Blanc
Les Servages d’Armelle is a chic chalet retreat with a straight-to-piste setting in the Haute-Savoie region of Rhône-Alpes. Made mostly from reclaimed Alpine wood, this grand mountain hut has a warm family management at its helm – Armelle, its namesake, is the motherly matriarch meeting your every request. There’s an inventive restaurant, open fireplaces and – the best bit – cloud-dotted hilly views from every window and terrace.
Need to know
- Rooms 10, including three suites. There’s also a self-contained chalet, sleeping up to six.
Double rooms from AU$250.53 (€178), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€178) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, €23.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, Annick Goutal products, Balneo bath tubs, in-room spa treatments.
- Check-out 10am, but flexible if there’s availability. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
- Children Under-10s stay free; extra beds for older children are €50 a night. Babysitting can be arranged with a local nanny. The restaurant has a children’s menu.
- Also Pets can come, too, by arrangement. During the winter, there’s a two-night minimum stay.
- Hotel closed May and November.
Food and drink at Les Servages d'Armelle
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant is divided between a terrace, a conservatory and an indoor bit. You can watch chef at work in the kitchen, preparing inventive takes on traditional French and Italian dishes: black risotto with langoustines, fantastic steaks and appetite-whetting charcuterie. It’s all open and inviting, and buzzing with activity – you’ll feel completely at home wandering into the kitchen with a request. It’s elegantly rustic, with handmade crockery and a whole table topped with baskets of fresh bread.
- Dress code Your usual off-piste attire: snug sweaters will fit in nicely.
- Top table If it’s warm enough, eat out on the terrace; if not, cosy up by the window of the conservatory.
- Last orders The bar's open until 11pm when an honesty version takes over. Between October and December, the restaurants is closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Room service Breakfast and a selection of cold dishes on request.
- Hotel bar The bar, tucked away in a corner of the restaurant, is decked out with ponyskin stools, big wooden tables and grand mirrors. Iced buckets of champagne line the counter, ready for owner Armelle to pour you a Kir Royale. It’s open until 11pm, when an honesty bar takes over.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Les Servages d'Armelle 841 Route des Servages, 74300 Les Carroz d' Araches, 74300 Rhône-Alpes
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Les Servages d'Armelle
A half bottle (50cl) of Chignin Bergeron
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The suites above the restaurant in the farmhouse have their own mini-spa: a hot tub and hammam to soothe away après-ski aches. Their French doors open out onto an Alp-facing terrace, and there’s an extra bedroom and bathroom upstairs.
Mountain finery for on and off the slopes – and some old tomes to curl up by the fire with.