Le Royal Monceau
Style Where the art is
Setting Upscale Avenue Hoche
Starck-designed Le Royal Monceau hotel, a Raffles outpost in Paris, knows a thing or two about art: it’s got a gallery, art-book shop and a dedicated art concierge, as well as a decadent, modern decor: exposed brickwork, plush carpets and iron railings.
Need to know
- Rooms 149, including 64 suites.
Double rooms from AU$1189.31 (€888), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€888) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Breakfast is extra (€39 for Continental, €49 for American).
- Facilities Spa, gardens, screening room, cigar bar, gym, library of books, CDs and DVDs, and free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, CD/DVD player and a bespoke guitar.
- Poolside The spa is home to the city’s biggest indoor pool (28sq m), with mirrors covering one wall and a soothing shade of white everywhere else.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible if there’s availability (the price will depend on how late you leave). Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Cots for babies are free; extra beds can be added for over-12s for €90 a night. A local nanny can be hired for a minimum of three hours; the rate is €15 an hour, plus the cab fare home after 10pm. More...
- Also Small pets are allowed. There are rooms suited to wheelchair users.
Food and drink at Le Royal Monceau
The elegant La Cuisine, where breakfast is served, has an open kitchen running its width and a Modern French menu: Brittany lobster medallions, john dory sautéed with spices and served on spelt risotto, and beef fillet cooked on the bone, as well as pastries from Pierre Hermé. Things get gastro at Il Carpaccio, the Italian restaurant in a conservatory overlooking the garden (closed Sundays and Mondays). Casual all-day dining is on offer at Le Grand Salon, just off the lobby.
- Dress code Yves, Christian or Coco – do the locals justice.
- Top table For lunch, nab a table for two by the French doors of Le Grand Salon – the garden’s a sun trap. Get the most privacy and a view of the grounds by choosing the table at the furthest end of Il Carpaccio’s conservatory.
- Last orders Breakfast is served between 7am and 10.30am; lunch is noon until 2.30pm, except in Il Carpaccio, when it’s 12.30pm to 2pm; dinner is 7pm to 10.30pm. Le Grand Salon will feed you any time between 10.30am and 11pm. The bar is open from 5pm until 2am.
- Room service A selection of meals and snacks are available 24 hours a day.
Le Bar Long is on a raised platform at the end of Le Grand Salon. Pick one of the champagne cocktails and mingle – it’s designed to capture the essence of an old-school Parisian salon.
Le Royal Monceau 37 Avenue Hoche, 75008 Paris
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Le Royal Monceau
A daily American breakfast; GoldSmith members will also get an tour of the hotel’s gallery with the art concierge (book in advance) and, if they book a Junior Suite or above for a three-night stay or more, a one-way transfer
Current offers at Le Royal Monceau
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Expect the same plush, duvet-like carpet, individual artworks and enormous beds in each, but we’re big fans of the Executive Rooms – you get a separate seating area, extra TV and a huge, mirrored dressing room for your money. If you’re feeling loose of wallet, book the two-bedroom Ray Charles Suite and see the Eiffel Tower from the toilet of this seventh-floor suite.
Your personal collection of rare cigars to puff on in La Fumée Rouge, the hotel’s cigar bar; sheet music to strum on your in-room guitar.
The all-white, Starck-designed spa is the city’s biggest, and has a hammam, laconium room and sauna. One of the 12 ‘beauty coaches’ blends Clarins products for your skin on the spot.