Style Flamboyant fabrics, tactile textures
Setting A hop from Harrods
A medley of luxuriant colour, statement furniture and unusual art greets guests stepping off the lovely tree-lined street and into the lobby of Knightsbridge Hotel, an ideally located London guesthouse where Kit Kemp’s whimsical genius for luscious layered interiors reigns serene.
Need to know
- Rooms 44, including the Knightsbridge Suite and eight Junior Suites.
Double rooms from AU$356.43 (£229), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£229) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (Continental, £16.50, full English, £17.50).
- Facilities Library, DVD selection, free WiFi throughout, valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, DAB Tivoli radio with iPod dock, minibar, free bottled water, Miller Harris toiletries.
- Check-out 11am, but later check-out may be possible by arrangement. Check-in, 2pm.
- Children Baby cots are free; extra beds for older kids are £40 a night. Babysitting can be arranged with a local nanny for £8 an hour (four-hour minimum) and £10 taxi fare.
Food and drink at Knightsbridge Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Knightsbridge Hotel doesn’t have a restaurant, but, being located beside the culinary heart of London, it doesn’t need one. Most guests take breakfast in their rooms, but dining in the living room and the library can provide a cosy and sociable start to the day.
- Dress code Dandies and dames.
- Top table The cosy, colourful sofas in the library are the ideal places to curl up with a chunky novel and a self-made cocktail.
- Last orders You can plunder the honesty bar day and night.
- Room service There’s a 24 hour à la carte menu available, which includes three-course meals.
- Hotel bar There’s no formal bar, but the in-room minibars are superbly stocked and there’s a huge and gleaming honesty bar beside the library, packed with full fridges, row upon row of premium spirits and everything a show-off mixologist might need.
Knightsbridge Hotel 10 Beaufort Gardens, London, SW3 1PT
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Knightsbridge Hotel
A glass of champagne per guest
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Knightsbridge Suite is the hotel’s showpiece, with a sumptuous canopy bed (complete with cheekily mirrored headboard) – all topped with a massive wrought-iron chandelier that hangs in front of the fireplace. Deluxe Double 209 looks out over the rooftops of Knightsbridge and the iconic (but inexplicable) Harrods chimney. As you’d expect from Kit Kemp, all rooms are individually and lavishly designed, with running themes including tailor’s dummies, oversized headboards and artworks of Peter Clark’s West Highland Terrier (a nod to nearby Harrods).
Bring a credit card with plenty of headroom and a bag with space to stash – Knightsbridge is the motherland of luxury shopping. Actually, forget the bag, Mulberry’s at the end of the street.
From the Guestbook…
The Knightsbridge Hotel is in a great location, on a small mews off Brompton Road. Lovely and caring staff, but some rooms are terribly small. Be sure to grab some breakfast at Pau...more