Style Globetrotting glamour
Setting Sophisticated Saint-Germain
Hôtel Récamier is a petite B&B on the Left Bank in Paris, with cosy rooms overlooking Place Saint-Sulpice. It's six storeys of traditional townhouse, with fancy fixtures, wrought-iron balconies and fashionable fabrics. Space may be limited, but the hotel makes up for it with sophistication – and it’s oh so chic, naturally.
Need to know
- Rooms 24.
Double rooms from AU$393.95 (€299), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€299) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€10–€18).
- Facilities Terrace, gym, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, bottled water, Fragonard bath products.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible for half a day's rate. Check-in, 2pm (earlier if the room is available).
- Children Cots for babies are free; extra beds cost €30 a night. A local nanny can take over for €18 an hour, given half a day’s notice.
- Also In-room beauty treatments and massages can be arranged.
Food and drink at Hôtel Récamier
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant, but a Continental breakfast is put on in the homey lounge every morning – guests help themselves from the old-fashioned dresser. Between 4pm and 6pm, free soft drinks and snacks are served.
- Dress code Nothing leopard-print: you might clash with the carpet.
- Top table Squeeze into the cosy den off the main lounge, and bag one of the brown-velvet sofas or gold-leather armchairs arranged around the fireplace. In summer, step out with your drinks amid the bamboo on the terrace.
- Last orders It’s a relaxed affair: breakfast runs from 7.30am till 10.30am or 11am; drinks at the bar are available from early evening until around 10.30pm.
- Room service A menu of omelettes, cheese platters, risotto and pasta is available until 11pm.
- Hotel bar Guests can kick back at the little bar in the breakfast lounge, where a waiter serves drinks in the evenings.
Hôtel Récamier 3 bis, Place Saint Sulpice, 75006 Paris
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hôtel Récamier
BlackSmith members get free entrance tickets to the Louvre or the Musée d'Orsay. SilverSmith members get half a bottle of champagne; GoldSmith members get a whole bottle
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Each of the rooms has been decadently dressed with exotic furniture and textured trimmings; all have canopied beds. Room 42 triumphs in size and has a chocolate, cream and beige palette, with a striped canopy over the bed, an ornate gold mirror and tactile wallpaper. We also like Room 64 on the sixth floor, which is smaller, but has a balcony overlooking Place Saint-Sulpice. For family stays, each floor has a pair of rooms that can be connected to form a suite. If you prefer a bath tub to a walk-in shower, book a Classic or Club room.
Sunglasses, scarves and stilettos to keep up with the super chic of Saint-Germain.
Between 4pm and 6pm, there's afternoon tea in the lounge. Soft drinks and snacks will also be available.