Grand Hotel Central
Style Slick city lookout
Setting A ramble from Las Ramblas
Bang in the centre of the Barcelona bustle, Grand Hotel Central provides respite for many a weary traveller, shopper or culture-hound. An imposing 1920s façade masks a warm and well-lit modern retreat, where visitors can watch the city unfold from the eighth-storey roof terrace, then swing back down into the urban action, a doorway’s width away.
Need to know
- Rooms 147, including 22 suites.
Double rooms from AU$229.81 (€175), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.21 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€175) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from €24.20 a person).
- Facilities 24-hour room service, library, laundry service, fitness centre, conference rooms, daily newspapers, airport transfer, WiFi in public areas. In rooms: LCD TV, CD/DVD players, iPod dock, minibar.
- Poolside The roof-top infinity pool perches at the summit of the city, offering an unrivalled view of Barcelona from the sleek wooden sun loungers.
- Check-out Midday, but can be later by arrangement.
- Children Under 12s stay for free, over 12s require a €50 supplement for an extra bed (excluding VAT). Cots are available for babies, and babysitting can be arranged.
- Also Massages can be arranged.
Food and drink at Grand Hotel Central
Grand Central Hotel is home to Avalon, award-laden chef Ramon Freixa’s cosmopolitan eatery. Like Britain’s Blumenthal, Freixa has a wizard’s touch with unexpected flavours, fusing traditional Catalan cuisine and seasonal produce.
- Dress code Spanish city sleek.
- Top table Make sure you get a window seat to watch the world wander by.
- Last orders Dinner is served until 10.30pm and midnight at weekends. The restaurant opens its doors to the public at 11h but hotel guests are welcome for breakfast beforehand.
- Room service A full menu of tasty treats is available at any time.
Set beside the rooftop pool, the Sky Bar is the best place in Barcelona to sit with a cheeky afternoon cocktail and admire the city skyline. Drinks and snacks are also available in the restaurant throughout the day. During summer, it's open to guests only from 9.30am to 8.30pm, then becomes a cool hangout for hip locals and guests alike until 1.30am.
Grand Hotel Central 30 Via Laietana, Barcelona, 08003
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Grand Hotel Central
Free cocktails for two on arrival and late check-out (subject to availability)
Offers at Grand Hotel Central
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Executive rooms are slightly larger than the standard, and both are very spacious. Bigger still are the Loft and Master Suites – the latter packing in a colossal 40 metres squared. Both offer 32” LCD screens and come with freebie goodies: Cava, chocs, and the hotel’s own guidebook to the city. Loft Suites offer mouth-watering views of the Roman walls, while the smaller City rooms occupy the corners of the building and offer the best panoramas of the city (the clue’s in the name).
A handful of tomes on art history and architecture for swotting up on Barcelona’s gorgeous historic buildings and sounding authoritative about Picasso; plenty of euros for splashing out on the Ramblas, the city’s most famous shopping street.