Frégate Island Private
Style Where thatch meets tropicana
Setting Rocky, remote and relaxing
A mere four degrees south of the equator, this tiny lump of granite seemingly floating in the Indian Ocean is a sensitively developed, verdant paradise, the likes of which you imagine when the theme tune to Desert Island Discs drifts from your radio speakers. Traditional-style villas made from native mahogany and topped with thatched roofs provide your base, while talcum-soft sand will fast become your foot exfoliator of choice. The whole island is taken up by Frégate Island Private, so absolutely everything is taken care of – all you have to do is turn up and flop out.
Need to know
- Rooms 17 villas (including 1 Presidential Villa).
Double rooms from AU$4230.09 (€3,156), excluding tax at 22 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€3,156) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include all meals and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Facilities Seven beaches, private butler service, spa, a wine cellar, boutique and gallery, library, fitness centre, CD and DVD players, Jacuzzi, complimentary WiFi, private gardens.
- Poolside Two large communal palm-fringed infinity pools. Each villa has its own private infinity pool and Jacuzzi, reached via a wooden staircase.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children Junior holidaymakers, who are encouraged to use the Castaway Clubhouse, are welcomed into all areas – bar the bars, of course. There is a charge of €115–€345 per child, per night, if they are staying in their parents’ villa. More...
- Also A three-night minimum stay applies.
Food and drink at Frégate Island Private
There are two restaurants and two bars. Creole and African cuisine is served up in the main Frégate House restaurant, while barbecues are held regularly in the colonial-style Plantation House.
- Dress code Castaway chic – a floaty kaftan for her; cool linen for him.
- Top table A private table for two, complete with flickering candles, can be set up anywhere in the resort: we recommend dining on Anse Bambous beach or in the hotel's treehouse.
Work your way through the cocktail menu beneath the thatched roof of the open-air Pirates Bar or whilst idling your toes in the sand at the Anse Bambous Beach Bar.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Frégate Island Private PO Box 330, Victoria, Mahé, Seychelles
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Frégate Island Private
A complimentary 60-minute spa treatment each.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
If you and your partner want to make ‘intimate’ noises without being overheard, then ask for one of the villas furthest away from the main buildings. Villas One and Two are a good option for those with children, as they are set in gardens rather than on a clifftop. All villas come with a personal golf buggy, so you can zip around the resort in style.
Bring binoculars so you can catch a glimpse of the acrobatic frégate bird, after which the island is named.
For guests who would like to finally take the plunge and learn how to dive, Frégate Island Private offers a PADI certification scheme.