Style Luxurious townhouse
Setting Seafront Kemp Town
The bedrooms at Drakes' hotel are surprisingly airy and spacious for a Regency building, and they make full advantage of the seafront location. And to tempt you out of your boudoir there is a Thai-tinged reception/bar and, cocooned in the basement, the acclaimed restaurant.
Need to know
- Rooms 20.
Double rooms from AU$129.27 (£83), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£83) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- Facilities 24-hour licensed bar, Internet, DVD plasma, air-con, some room. Can arrange massages, hairdressing, fitness instruction, day passes to nearby leisure complex, or beauty treatment. Extensive concierge service.
- Check-out 11am.
- Children Welcome, cots available.
- Also Minimum two-night stay at weekends, and three-night stay on bank-holiday weekends.
Food and drink at Drakes
- Hotel restaurant The hotel's award-winning restaurant is one of Brighton's most highly regarded, and serves contemporary European cuisine provided by celebrated chef Andy MacKenzie.
- Dress code London-on-sea.
- Top table Next to the original Georgian brickwork, in the corner.
- Room service Drinks and anything from restaurant during opening hours: breakfast, lunch and dinner, and snacks.
- Hotel bar The bar has an award-winning barman making the cocktails. A place to celebrity-spot while looking out to sea.
Drakes 44 Marine Parade, Brighton, BN2 1PE
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Drakes
Drakes cocktail on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
104 is the largest room where the rich and famous stay, with free-standing bath positioned so you can watch the sun set over the sea. It has the largest bed in Brighton at seven foot wide. Attic room 404 has views over the Regency Mile and sea. Rooms at the back of the hotel are far quieter.