Style Floral Mex
Setting Posing by the park
If you’re used to the Mexico City bustle, this aura of cool-edged calm at this boutique hotel in Condesa can easily wrong-foot you. Bold and brilliant floral prints offset ice-white modernism of Condesa DF's interiors, walls of olive and turquoise hone the polished playful edge created by the acrylic furniture and, up among the treetops at the terrace bar, Mexico’s hippest señors and señoritas kick back with sushi and cocktails.
Need to know
- Rooms 40.
Double rooms from AU$193.50 ($190), excluding tax at 19 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($190) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates do not include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa with hammam, gym, cinema, dance floor, library, DVD/CD selection, free Wifi throughout, free valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, preloaded iPod sound system, Malin+Goetz toiletries.
- Poolside The shallow rooftop pool is set in a light well lined with deep-green mosaic tile and fed from a fountain overhead. Curved bench seating makes it the perfect place to sit and cool off after a spell in the spa.
- Check-out Midday, later check-out may be available on request.
- Children Condesa DF’s feet are firmly in the couples’ camp.
- Also Pets are welcome, at no cost. Certain areas are designated for smoking. Stays on 1 August require a seven-night minimum.
Food and drink at Condesa DF
- Hotel restaurant A spa bar serves sushi on the rooftops, but more substantial sustenance is on offer downstairs at El Patio, the popular restaurant that muddles Mexican, European and Asian influences to great effect.
- Dress code Upscale boho.
- Top table Book one of Condesa’s private dining rooms for uninterrupted intimacy, or ask for one of the tables against the wall with their comfortable cowhide banquettes.
- Last orders El Patio is open for dinner between 8pm and 11pm and serves Sunday brunch from 1pm to 5pm.
- Room service Meals and snacks are available 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar The rooftop terrace bar nestles among the treetops, a triangular space of dark wooden decking under a canopy of purple-blossomed jacaranda. There’s a bar by the atrium too.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Condesa DF 102 Avenida Veracruz, Colonia Condesa, Mexico City, DF, 06700
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Condesa DF
A cocktail on arrival and a bottle of wine
Offers at Condesa DF
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The citywide views from Terrace Suite 03.02 make it our top choice, but the gorgeous stone-clad wet rooms and huge shower roses in the Balcony and Patio rooms make both tempting options too. If you can, go for a room with outside space – the serene and leafy setting is a rarity in Mexico City, it’d be a shame to waste it.
Don’t bother with an iPod; the one in your room brims with chirpy chill-out tracks. Bring a notebook, though, for the ‘to download when I get home’ list you’ll inevitably find yourself making.
Condesa DF lives for the weekend. Mexico City’s movers, shakers and taste-makers flock to its bar and dance floor on Friday and Saturday nights to enjoy the hotel’s cocktail wizardry and unflagging party spirit.