Alila Villas Uluwatu
Style Minimalist eco-glam
Setting Indian Ocean edge
Staking a stylish claim on Bali’s rugged Bukit Peninsula, Alila Villas Uluwatu is a cool, contemporary cliff-hanger of a resort which delivers dramatic eco-friendly design in a jaw-dropping setting. Panoramic views over the Indian Ocean complement architecturally striking pool villas, each with serene, minimalist interiors, seductive outdoor living spaces and personal butlers on tap. Stir in a top spa, fine dining and legendary surfing, and it's a delicious cocktail.
Need to know
- Rooms 61 pool villas, with a choice of one to three bedrooms.
Double rooms from AU$747.15 ($720), excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($720) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude à la carte breakfast at US$25 a person
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, library with books, DVDs and computers, spa, gym, yoga, gift shop, gardens. In rooms: personal butler service, flatscreen TV with satellite channels, CD/DVD players, preloaded iPod, Spa Alila toiletries, minibar, espresso machine, TWG Tea, private pool.
- Poolside Feel like you’re floating above the world in the 50m infinity pool perched along the cliff edge.
- Check-out Noon. Late check-out costs half a night’s tariff up to 6pm; after 6pm, a full extra night. Check-in, 2pm.
- Children Very welcome. Free baby cots can be provided and extra beds for older kids (US$30 a night). The hotel can also arrange babysitting for a fee. More...
- Also You'll be assigned a 24-hour personal Host (butler) during your stay (choose between private, discreet and indulgent service options).
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
Food and drink at Alila Villas Uluwatu
- Hotel restaurant Open throughout the day, the contemporary Western-style Cire has cuisine inspired by the nautical surroundings. Across the pool, the more mellow Warung offers authentic Indonesian fare.
- Dress code Asian clientele sport tailored beach frocks; European guests extend the style spectrum to barefoot chic.
- Top table Romantics should reserve a cliff-hanging open-air cabana for two, for idling above the Indian Ocean.
- Last orders Officially dinner is served until 11pm, but the accommodating staff is unlikely to disappoint nocturnal noshers.
- Room service Available 24 hours a day, serving dishes from the restaurant menus and homely comfort foods. You can also order from the Cravings Menu, provided on greeting at the airport so that your meal is ready in your villa on arrival.
- Hotel bar The striking wood-slatted cabana lounge bar juts from the dramatic Bukit cliffs, overhanging the pounding waves below. Get your bearings with signature cocktails such as the Alila Gin Mojito, then settle in to enjoy the salmon-pink sunset.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Alila Villas Uluwatu Jl. Belimbing Sari, Banjar Tambiyak, Desa Pecatu, Bali, 80364
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Alila Villas Uluwatu
A 90-minute spa treatment for each guest.
Offers at Alila Villas Uluwatu
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Villa 409 commands the highest point of the resort, so it’s the pick for couples in pursuit of total privacy with a 180-degree ocean vista. Sleek modern design, care of Singaporean architects WOHA, embraces the outdoors, harnessing natural stone, wood, rattan and water.
Serious sunscreen, Tom Ford shades and a surfboard to ride Bukit Peninsula’s famous breaks.
Spa treatments don't have to be an extravagance, as US$200 a day buys you unlimited sessions at Spa Alila during your stay. The classic Balinese Massage is hard to beat, or splash out on the luxurious Journey to You, a full day’s pampering from yoga at sunrise to massage under the stars. Junior Smiths, there's a kids' treatment menu too.