Aleenta Hua Hin
Style Salubrious honeymoon hideaway
Setting Secluded Pranburi sands
Sister to the Phuket boutique retreat of the same name, Aleenta Hua Hin hotel is a true hideaway, free from both urban distraction and beach resort bustle. A short drive south of historic Hua Hin, the small collection of white and wooden villas surround a quirky teacup infinity pool that stretches out above the sand.
Need to know
- Rooms 21, including six rooms at Frangipani, the family-oriented annex up the road.
Double rooms from AU$158.39 (THB4,600), excluding tax at 17.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB4,600) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include breakfast.
- Facilities Two spas, yoga area, free WiFi. In rooms: private balcony or veranda, minibar, books, iPod dock (but no TV).
- Poolside Adjacent to the bar and restaurant, a beautiful little teacup-shaped infinity pool looks out to sea.
- Check-out Noon. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Aleenta is divided into two sites, one smaller child-friendly wing called Frangipani, and the main adults-only resort. Extra beds are available in all rooms except the Pool Suites for THB1,500 a night. Under-fives stay free.
- Also Two-night minimum stay at weekends. Aleenta’s KA spa uses its own blend of natural ingredients to make sensuous body scrubs and massage oils; there’s also a steam room. Sky Spa offers open-air treatments above the restaurant.
Food and drink at Aleenta Hua Hin
- Hotel restaurant Aleenta’s simple, colonial-style restaurant serves Thai and Western dishes, with nightly themes, such as pasta, barbecue, etc. The open kitchen is manned by chef Rose; the intimate indoor/outdoor dining room catches sea breezes and the sound of the waves. There’s a small alfresco restaurant at Frangipani.
- Dress code Prada or Primark – no one’s really looking.
- Top table It’s all good but, forced to choose, we’d say poolside outdoors or by the window indoors.
- Last orders 10.30pm for bar and restaurant.
- Room service 7am–10.30pm.
- Hotel bar The little open-air bar is charming and excellent, turning out tropical cocktails, complete with paper parasols and cherries.
Aleenta Hua Hin 183 Moo 4 Paknampran, Pranburi, Hua Hin, 77220
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Aleenta Hua Hin
A bottle of Aleenta label wine and a gift set from the Galleria Aleenta Luxury collection; a bottle of champagne for five-night stays;a three-course meal for 10-night stays.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The panoramically endowed Penthouse is an obvious choice, with its rounded bedroom, rooftop lounge and sunken stone tub (ideal for aromatherapy baths; the Ocean View Suite has one too). We also like the bathroom in Frangipani 3; and Palm 5 for its picture-perfect entrance.
Bring your own iPod, since the existing choice is limited to a few dozen jazz-crossover tracks.
Golf trips can be arranged, as can cookery classes, over in Frangipani. The hotel offers guests a different excursion every day, whether it’s a trip down the River Kwai, or a bob around the floating markets.
From the Guestbook…
Aleenta Hua Hin was perfect for our honeymoon: secluded but not too far away from the main town, intimate (only 10 rooms), very friendly staff, absolute beachfront location and a b...more