Vigilius Mountain Resort
Style Modernist lodge
Setting Dramatic Dolomites
This boutique hotel in South Tyrol mixes stylish, minimalist design with warmth and character. Set in the spectacular scenery of the Dolomites, Vigilius Mountain Resort is ideal for activities, from skiing and tobogganing to hiking and horse riding, as well as melting down in the spa or taking in the views.
Need to know
- Rooms 35 rooms and six suites.
Double rooms from $317.05 (€245), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€245) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, unlimited use of the cable car and activities such as archery and Five Tibetan Rites exercises.
- Facilities Internet. TVs on request. There are film screenings in the library at 10pm every night. All rooms have balconies or terraces.
- Poolside Several quartzite-lined indoor pools and outdoor sundecks.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children Children’s prices vary with age: children under three stay for €25 in low season; children over four stay for €80 in high season.
- Also Dogs are allowed, for €18 a night (not in the restaurant). At weekends, there's a minimum two-night stay. Four-night minimum stay 9–13 April; seven-nights: 9–23 August and 21 December to 6 January.
- Hotel closed 23 March to 3 April; 16 November to 3 December.
Food and drink at Vigilius Mountain Resort
- Hotel restaurant Fresh from stints at El Bulli and Falai, Mauro Buffo heads up Restaurant 1500. His light, modern dishes include sea bass in courgette with avocado cream, veal with foie gras and beetroot puree, and passion fruit foam with apricot ice cream. Buffo’s menu champions local ingredients (with gluten-free options too), and there’s an impressive range of international wines to wash your food down with. If you're craving traditional fare, sample hearty Tyrolean cooking, including stews and strudels, at Parlour Ida.
- Dress code Active Alpine style.
- Top table A corner table near the window at 3pm.
- Room service 24 hour; restaurant menu available until 10pm; picnics can also be prepared if requested the day before.
- Hotel bar Parlour Ida operates a bar until midnight and has an outside terrace. You can also order drinks by the log fire in the lounge.
Vigilius Mountain Resort Pawigl 43, Lana, South Tyrol, 39011
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Vigilius Mountain Resort
A bottle of prosecco in your room and, for stays of two nights or more, a free hay bath each
Current offers at Vigilius Mountain Resort
Offers at Vigilius Mountain Resort
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Rooms on the second floor at the front of the hotel have great views, as do the more secluded-feeling upper rooms at the back.
Equipment provided for Nordic walking, as well as mountain bikes, hiking sticks, rucksacks, snow shoes and spikes. So just pack the right wardrobe for such adventures!
The hotel spa has a range of treatments, including massages. There is a steam room, sauna, gym and daily yoga classes. The hotel offers free archery lessons.
From the Guestbook…
Absolutely awesome - well worth the price. We had a wonderful first few days of our honeymoon here.more