Style Jungle for the jet-set
Setting Ritzy rainforest retreat
Surrounded by lush Langkawi rainforest and drenched in glamour, the Datai is a standard-bearer for luxury hotels in Malaysia. Whether you’re here for the glitz, the golf or the gourmet dining, The Datai is a welcoming and romantic retreat with a classy contemporary edge.
Need to know
- Rooms 112, including 40 villas and 18 suites.
Double rooms from $300.57 (MYR908), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (MYR908) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, library, gardens, DVD/CD library, duty-free boutique, watersports facilities, tennis courts, golf course, private beach. In-room amenities: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, free WiFi, minibar, Molton Brown toiletries.
- Poolside The stunning upper pool area looks down on the hillside towards the beach and is restricted to over-16s. Nearer the beach, the Datai’s second pool has a more relaxed, family-friendly splash-about vibe.
- Check-out Midday. Late check-out is subject to availability.
- Children Under-12s stay free. Babysitting can be provided for RM10 an hour, increasing to 20RM for more than one child. The restaurant has a children’s menu.
- Also The spa centre offers a vast range of treatments and health packages, including Ayurvedic and Balinese massage, Shirodhara, facials and eye treatments.
- Hotel closed The golf course is undergoing major upgrades until mid-2013. Guests can still tee off at two courses within half an hour of the hotel.
Food and drink at The Datai
The Dining Room serves perfectly pitched Malaysian and Western cuisine, while the Pavilion is a beautiful, stilted restaurant amid the rainforest canopy that cooks up authentic Thai treats. At rustic-chic restaurant the Gulai House, Malay specialties are given an Indian twist. For romantic alfresco dinners, opt for a beach barbecue.
- Dress code Casual but coordinated.
- Top table A spot by the balustrade in the Pavilion will provide a fabulous ocean view; the outside section of the Dining Room overlooks the architectural eye-candy of the upper pool.
- Last orders Lunch is available in the Dining Room until 6pm; dinner is served between 7pm and 10.30pm
- Room service 24 hours. A variety of sandwiches, local and Western dishes, pasta and soup is available while the restaurants are open, with an overnight menu to take you through the early hours.
At 8pm, the Lobby Bar becomes out-of-bounds to under-12s and mixes its signature champagne cocktails until 1am. The soothing soundtrack alternates between live vocals, laid-back piano and the natural noises of the rainforest.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Datai Jalan Teluk Datai, Langkawi, Kedah, Langkawi, 07000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Datai
A half-bottle of champagne on arrival
Current offers at The Datai
Offers at The Datai
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All suites and villas have sexy Bose sound systems. The spacious End Suites have movable partitions separating living and dining areas; the Pool Suites have private plunge pools and are well placed for the beach.
Movie-star sunglasses and designer beachwear. A snorkel will come in handy for undersea sightseeing.
Keen golfers will want to take a turn on the Datai’s private course – one the very few in the world with 19 holes.