Style Design buff’s base camp
Setting Refined Rue Richer
Résidence Nell hotel has 17 sleek-but-snug apartments styled by Patrick Jouin (a Philippe Starck-trained design don), an impeccable concierge service and a plum location in the arty 9ème arrondissement. Families will feel at home here, thanks to the useful kitchenettes and the sofa beds in (most) rooms.
Need to know
- Rooms 17 apartments, including two studios.
Double rooms from $265.93 (€206), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€206) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Continental breakfast isn’t included but can be provided (€15–€20 for adults; €7 for children). Stay in a Luxe or Deluxe apartment and chocolates and four drinks a day from the minibar are included in the rates.
- Facilities Kitchenettes, CD library, PlayStation, laptop, three iPads, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: sofa beds (except the studios), Nespresso machines, Alessi crockery, flatsceen TV with iPad connector, radio, iPod dock, Charm & More bath products by Jeanne Piaubert, minibar.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children The hotel is well suited to family jaunts and has a lift, so you won’t have to lug luggage up stairs. Cots are €20 a night; babysitting can be arranged for €22 an hour (plus €11 an hour after 11pm). Bedlinen, baths and baby toiletries can be provided. More...
Food and drink at Résidence Nell
None, but apartments come with kitchenettes, so you can rustle up whatever you fancy. If you’re not in the mood to cook, the staff won’t let you go hungry – they can arrange for 15 different types of cuisine to be delivered to your door (perhaps not all at once). The apartment minibars are stocked with snacks including cookies, crisps and ice-cream. If you want any particular treats left in your room pre-arrival, just let the concierge know.
- Dress code Anything goes, but Prada shoes and a Hermès handbag (or the high street’s best imitation) plus some cologne-splashed cashmere will match the European designer decor nicely.
- Room service There’s no formal room service; just let the concierge know what you’re craving and they’ll source it for you around the clock.
No bar or honesty bar area, but there’s beer and champagne in the minibars. Let the ever-helpful staff know if you’re thirsty for a particular vintage or label.
Résidence Nell 60 rue Richer, 75 009 Paris
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Résidence Nell
A bottle of rosé and a couple of chocolates from À la Mère de Famille
Offers at Résidence Nell
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The apartments are similar in style (white and minimal) and layout: all have one bedroom and a separate living room with a kitchenette (apart from the Luxe apartment, which has two bedrooms). If you want a Juliet balcony, book an apartment on the fifth floor; those on the second and third floors have soaring ceilings.
Forgotten something? Galeries Lafayette – a seemingly limitless department store – is just around the corner. Alternatively, book a personal shopper through the hotel and have any purchases delivered to your door.
Staff could be gunning for a ‘Best PAs in Paris’ award. Want to have your hair cut, your muscles unknotted or your nails decorated? The concierge will sort it. Need a chauffeur-driven Merc or a motorbike taxi (heated of course)? Likewise. Want a session with a sports coach, a secretary’s services for a day, or to be booked into the city’s finest dining rooms? Just ask.