Style Gaudí-contoured caves
Setting Dream lava
A restored group of 300 year-old caves, once the homes, wineries and stables of fishermen and farmers, now a complex of 17 private houses. The complex is set within an amphitheatrical landscape of curves stepping down to a central stone terrace, with a pool that flows over the edge of the cliff into an Aegean horizon. Perivolas encompasses 14,000 square metres of vineyards, wild fig trees and abundant flora.
Need to know
- Rooms 19, all with sea view.
Double rooms from $650.89 (€507), excluding tax at 6.5 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€507) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rate includes Mediterranean buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, hamman, sauna and full gym.
- Poolside Infinity pool with sweeping views over the caldera.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children This is a haven for grown-ups – no under-16s allowed.
- Hotel closed November until March inclusive.
Food and drink at Perivolas
- Hotel restaurant Only residents can enjoy the Mediterranean cuisine here. Tables are candlelit with views out to sea.
- Dress code Carefree.
- Top table The outside terrace only has six; book one by the pool. Inside, the best tables are those nearest the entrance.
- Room service Food and drinks are available until 11pm.
- Hotel bar In high season, it closes when the last person leaves.
Perivolas Oia, Santorini, GR 847 02
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Perivolas
Enjoy a bottle of local Santorini white wine, from one of the island's excellent wineries
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Studio 8 is cosy and bright, with a balcony. Suite 15 has a big, secluded outdoor terrace. The new deluxe suite has its own Jacuzzi tub and hammam. The Perivolas Suite is extremely spacious with a hot tub big enough for ten, and a private pool.
From the Guestbook…
This hotel was excellent. It is expensive, but so is Santorini in general. Of particular note were the reception staff, who assisted in any way they could, particularly during the ...more