Style Classic Parisian elegance
Setting Stylish St Germain des Prés
With its semi-hidden reception, art-filled rooms and open feel, the elegant Montalembert in Paris feels more like a private apartment building than a boutique hotel. Close to all the best Rive Gauche action, and some superb restaurants, it is ideally placed for a break in this most alluring of cities.
Need to know
- Rooms 56, including four suites.
Double rooms from $454.70 (€354), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€354) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast at €25 each.
- Facilities Book and DVD library, WiFi, beauty treatments on request, laundry service. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod and docking station, minibar with free bottled water, air-conditioning, Molton Brown toiletries, coffee machines (in suites).
- Poolside There is no pool at Montalembert.
- Check-out Midday, though a later check-out can be arranged subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Kids are very welcome at the hotel, and cots, extra beds and babysitting services (€30 an hour, plus €25 taxi fee) are all available. Le Restaurant has a dedicated children’s menu.
- Also Dogs are welcome at the hotel, and no one has a problem with you smoking in your room – this is Paris, after all…
Food and drink at Montalembert
- Hotel restaurant Le Restaurant is where chef David Maroleau serves up wonderful Modern European cuisine – deep-fried eggs with a Parmesan emulsion, honey-glazed pork rib with purple chicory – to a chic crowd. The neutral decor of oak panels, cream walls and flooring allows the food to rightly take centre-stage.
- Dress code Think elegant and dark.
- Top table If it’s a sunny day or warm evening, ask for a table out on the terrace.
- Last orders The restaurant closes at 10.30pm, though you can carry on drinking in the bar till at least 1am.
- Room service Guests can order from a full menu between midday and 10.30pm. After that, only drinks and lighter bites are available.
- Hotel bar The cosy bar buzzes between 6pm and 9pm most nights of the week, and is a relaxing place for a drink at any other time.
Montalembert 3 rue de Montalembert, 75007 Paris
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Montalembert
A bottle of champagne in your room on arrival
Offers at Montalembert
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We adore the eighth-floor suites not just their photographer-friendly views of the Eiffel Tower, but for their wonderful, apartment-like feel. You’ll want to take the super-comfortable Christian Liaigre sofabed home with you. The Contemporary and Classic rooms, though of bijou Parisian proportions, are beautifully decorated. All come with huge windows for surreptitious people-gazing.
Bring your loosest skirts or trousers – with L'Atelier du Joël Rubuchon and Pierre Gagnaire's Gaya right next door, you’re going to want to seriously indulge.
Montalembert proudly recycles everything it can.
From the Guestbook…
Cosy and delicious restaurant two streets away called Cinq Mars. Very romantic, with heaps of candles and fairy lights for a very flattering lighting effect. Must try the chocolate...more