Melia Barcelona Sky
Style Glassy glamour, fashion-shoot chic
Setting Popular, party-people’s Poble Nou
Slicing the blue skyline with its glossy glass heights, Melia Barcelona Sky is a 29-floor expanse of stylish luxury, offbeat cool. This boutique hotel in cutting-edge Poble Nou, designed by French architect Dominique Perrault, is fit for rock stars and Hollywood A-listers. Its two elegant restaurants, seductive bar, slinky nightclub and spa epitomise understated glamour.
Need to know
- Rooms 258, including 23 suites.
Double rooms from $158.28 (€123), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€123) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gym, free WiFi. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, minibar, Aveda toiletries. There is a dazzling array of bonus treats if you book a room or suite in the Level.
- Poolside There’s an unheated outdoor pool on the sixth floor, which is all metallic, industrial glamour. It comes with a wooden deck, sun loungers, tables and red-and-white Balinese beds overlooking the sea.
- Check-out Noon, though this is flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Kids are welcome at Melia Barcelona Sky. Cots are provided free for babies and a babysitting service with hotel staff is available for €15–€25 an hour. The loft suites offer more space and privacy, so are the most family-friendly option.
- Also Smoking is allowed in sections of the hotel, as are pets. Melia Barcelona Sky even offers a special pet package.
Food and drink at Melia Barcelona Sky
Melia Barcelona Sky has two restaurants, each with its own distinctive look and flavours. Dos, on the ground floor, serves modern Med dishes at lunch and dinner and centres on a colossal olive-tree sculpture. For loftier dining, head for the heights of the top floor and Dos Cielos restaurant, which serves up creative gastronomic delights in an open-plan, stainless-steel kitchen, with dazzling views over Barcelona. You can watch the chefs (led by culinary brothers Javier and Sergio Torres) as they go about their edible artistry. There’s a full wine cellar at one end of the restaurant. Make sure you book about a month in advance, especially for weekends.
- Dress code If you’re eating at Dos, match your outfit to the décor’s understated glam and sport some casual chic. If you’ve chosen the high-octane Dos Cielos, whip out your finest Barcelona bling and dress like queen and king.
- Top table At Dos, the more romantic, private tables are at the back, while the tables by the bar make for a more lively evening. The best tables at Dos Cielos are by the window; book one of these and drink up the views (along with the Rioja).
- Last orders Dinner is served in both restaurants till 11.30pm. The Sky Lounge Bar mixes its last cocktails at 1.30am, Sunday to Wednesday; and at 2.30am, Thursday to Saturday.
- Room service Room service is available 24 hours a day and includes organic and Continental breakfasts, pasta, soup, snacks, main courses and desserts.
Sky Lounge Bar is a glimmering white space, punctuated with jewel-bright splashes of colour; lipstick-red walls, amber liqueurs glimmering behind the sleek bar, caramel and cappuccino sofas and glass screens in sweet-wrapper shades of emerald, blue, purple and pink. Admire the spotless DJ decks beside the bar, ready and waiting for when the sun goes down. Until then, there’s a carefully thought-out soundtrack of lounge music and jazz, verging into house by night. A music guru was consulted for the sounds and it pays off; there are no irritants in these playlists. There's also an outpost of popular New York club Angels & Kings (the first outside the US).
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Melia Barcelona Sky 272–286 Carrer Pere IV, Barcelona, 08005
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Melia Barcelona Sky
Breakfast for two in Dos on every day of your stay
Current offers at Melia Barcelona Sky
In the know
Our favourite rooms
If you really want to splash out, book an Urban Suite and enjoy the sea room and 50sq m of space; or the penthouse Sky Suite, a mini-kingdom hovering over Barcelona’s skyline, which offers a bird’s-eye view of La Sagrada Familia and a butler on hand 24 hours a day.
Bikini, trunks and shades for poolside preening; dancing shoes for Barcelona’s nightspots (since the best ones are inside the hotel, Mrs Smith’s gravity-defying stilettos will be just fine).
Begin your night out in the hotel’s bar lobby. At the weekend, a snake-like queue will form outside Melia Barcelona Sky, as locals and tourists endeavour to charm their way in. You can breeze right to the bar from your room and savour the city’s finest cocktails and DJs without even leaving the hotel.