Maison La Minervetta
Style Quirky nautical
Setting Neapolitan cliffhanger
Maison La Minervetta clings to the cliffs of Sorrento on the Amalfi coast with spectacular views of the Bay of Naples from the pool and sun terrace. All rooms are sea-facing with floor-to-ceiling windows to let in that swoon-inducing ocean panorama.
Need to know
- Rooms 12, with one junior suite.
Double rooms from $375.78 (€291), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€291) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Flatscreen TV, Sky TV,free WiFi. Crabtree & Evelyn bathroom products, solarium.
- Poolside The giant outdoor hydro massage tub opens on 1 May each year, with wooden loungers and towels provided.
- Check-out 11.30am, but flexible.
- Children Under-12s can share parents’ rooms, with cots provided at no extra charge (book beforehand), and extra beds at €50 a night (€80 in high season). Babysitting can be organised.
- Also At the main port in Sorrento, where you catch boats to the islands, the hotel can pre-book you a parking space in the underground carpark, which is usually full by 9am.
Food and drink at Maison La Minervetta
- Hotel restaurant No restaurant: only buffet breakfast and hot eggs and bacon to order. The hotel's dramatic cliff-clinging location means getting to a restaurant involves a steep climb down stone stairs and then a short walk.
- Dress code Insouciant summer cool.
- Top table On the terrace with a view of the Bay of Naples.
- Hotel bar Guests can take drinks anywhere they like in the hotel.
Maison La Minervetta Via Capo, 25, Sorrento, 80067
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Maison La Minervetta
A bottle of prosecco
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All rooms are sea-facing with fantastic views: some have floor-to-ceiling windows; some balconies. Rooms 7 and 8, 11 and 12 are adjoining pairs, good for families. The junior suite has two balconies and a large walk-in hydro massage shower, though no bath.
Reservations on request for private beach at La Tonnarella, 200 metres from the hotel. There are stairs direct down to the sea from La Minervetta; be prepared for the climb back.