Style Palatial comfort
Setting Calm in Palmeraie gardens
This retreat in four-hectare grounds in Marrakech's Palmeraie was purpose-built three years ago with perfect attention to detail. The hand-carved silver door keys (intricate, weighty and satisfying to use), the own-blend toiletries in glass and silver bottles, the scented candles with hand-inked labels… The styling of Ksar Char-Bagh is the opposite of souk-fabulous, though still recognisably Moroccan.
Need to know
- Rooms 13 suites: traditional and large harem suites, all with private garden or terrace, two with pools; and an apartment with private pool.
Double rooms from $320.72 (€250), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€250) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast and airport transfers in a London black cab but excluding 10 per cent tax and €1.50 a night local tax.
- Facilities Billiards room, cigar club, vaulted library, DVD/CD, two heated pools, tennis court, wine cellar, hammam and massage rooms, gym facilities, beauty treatments using Anne Sémonin products, Internet access, boutique, private golf practice course.
- Check-out Flexible.
- Children Not a child-friendly property, but cots available free of charge, and babysitting, 30€ for 4 hours.
- Also Ksar Char-Bagh has its own herb garden and farm, with wheat for fresh bread, their own olive oil, and orchard fruit to make jam.
Food and drink at Ksar Char-Bagh
- Hotel restaurant The chef, Hadrien Villedieu, studied under Vigato, Robuchon and Passard, and specialises in French cuisine influenced by Mediterranean and Oriental flavours.
- Dress code As informal as you like.
- Top table By the window overlooking the pool.
- Room service 24 hours for drinks and snacks; 12.30pm–3pm and 8.30pm–11pm for the restaurant menu.
- Hotel bar Drinks can be taken anywhere in the grounds.
Ksar Char-Bagh Djnan Abiad, La Palmeraie, BP 12478, Marrakech, 40000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Ksar Char-Bagh
A hammam for two
Offers at Ksar Char-Bagh
In the know
Our favourite rooms
14, the apartment at the top, has its own terrace and swimming pool. Room 6 has a big living room and is a beautiful light space. Room 3 has a private garden.
From the Guestbook…
One of the best hotels we ever stayed in. Ambiance and service unbeatable. Don't miss their cooking - far better than what top restaurants in Marrakech will give you. Hard to go an...more