JK Place Firenze
Style Private perfection
Setting Poised on a piazza
High, painted ceilings, panelled walls, a Louis XV fireplace and extremely well-edited modern pieces sit comfortably alongside every audiovisual requirement at JK Place Firenze. While wanting to avoid any clichéd reference to EM Forster's tale of romance, it is virtually impossible, confronted with three floor-to-ceiling windows, opening onto a small balcony in front of the Basilica.
Need to know
- Rooms 20, including five suites.
Double rooms from $443.45 (€345), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €5.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€345) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates €310–€1,000, including Continental or American buffet breakfast, welcome drinks and minibar soft drinks.
- Facilities Library with books, CDs and DVDs; roof terrace; free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, minibar. In-room spa treatments can be arranged and guests have access to the Olimpo Spa on nearby Via Tornabuoni.
- Check-out 12 noon, but may be flexible on request; earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Cots for babies and extra beds for under-12s are free and, with a day’s notice, nannies can be arranged to babysit for €40 an hour. Monitors are available from the concierge. The restaurant has a stash of highchairs.
- Also Small pets are welcome. There are a few designated smoking rooms.
Food and drink at JK Place Firenze
JK Lounge serves light lunches, afternoon tea and dinner, with a strongly seasonal menu of Tuscan specialities, and brunch on Sundays. Styled by Michele Bonan, the room’s decor combines classic Fifties seduction with ironic 1970s references.
- Dress code Fashionably relaxed.
- Top table The sofa by the fireplace in the JK Lounge is most romantic; but you simply have to hit the terrace in summer.
- Last orders JK Lounge is open all day, from 11am up till 10.30pm.
- Room service Breakfast can be brought to you, and JK Lounge’s restaurant menu can be served in rooms until 11pm.
JK Lounge, with its teak terrace opening onto the piazza, is a see-and-be-seen setting for an aperitivo, a glass of wine or a cappuccino. There’s an honesty bar for guests in the main lounge available until 11pm, with free home-made cakes, snacks and soft drinks, and a rooftop terrace open in summer. The Pink Room downstairs is a decidedly sexy club-like space for cocktails and conversation.
JK Place Firenze Piazza Santa Maria Novella, 7, Florence, Tuscany, 50123
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at JK Place Firenze
A bottle of spumante and a surprise gift from JK Place.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Classic Room 9 has high ceilings and a staircase up to the bathroom. The penthouse has a 360-degree view. Master Room 1 has a canopied bed and overlooks the square.
A sketchbook, a sunhat, sensible-ish shoes.
From the Guestbook…
I had high expectations of JK Place Firenze, and I was not disappointed. I had an early flight, arriving in Florence mid-morning, and as I was meeting my daughter – who is st...more