Style Luxe urban apartments
Setting Shopping-central Nanjing Road
Like its sister hotel in Hong Kong, Jia Shanghai is an architectural hymn to designer-led urban luxury. Its spacious suites resemble sleek city apartments, filled with one-of-a-kind furniture pieces and glossy modern artworks. Produced by one of the most accomplished teams of architects and interior designers in China, Jia Shanghai delivers cutting-edge comforts in the neon-lit heart of the city.
Need to know
- Rooms 55, including two penthouse suites.
Double rooms from $162.94 (CNY1,000), excluding tax at 15 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (CNY1,000) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include continental breakfast.
- Facilities Spa and massage treatments, gym, free WiFi throughout, free laundry room. In rooms: kitchenettes with microwaves, flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod-compatible sound system, minibar, Jia-brand jasmine and ginseng toiletries.
- Check-out Midday, but may be flexible, subject to availability.
- Children Although the hotel is decidedly adult-orientated, extra beds are available free.
- Also At Jia, you can be as self-sufficient or as pampered as you like, thanks to the kitchen ‘pod’ area in each room, and the free-to-use laundry room that means you can pack light, then wash and wear as your wish.
- Hotel closed Jia Shanghai is currently renovating its Studio rooms. There will be no disruption to hotel guests.
Food and drink at Jia Shanghai
- Hotel restaurant Wood-fired Italian dishes come courtesy of Issimo, Jia’s chic and sultry hotel restaurant. Antler-like sculptures and spherical copper features lend character to the room, and friendly, knowledgeable staff ensure the no-rush atmosphere remains low key and leisurely.
- Dress code Little black dresses; lounge-lizard suits.
- Top table Secure a window seat and watch passers by living the Shanghai life.
- Last orders Lunch is served until 2.30pm, and there’s a snack menu available until dinner (from 6.30pm until 10.30pm – 11pm on Saturday).
- Room service There’s a 24-hour ‘home delivery’ service in operation, which means you can order meals directly to your room from Issimo – or one of the restaurants surround the hotel – whenever you like.
- Hotel bar Issimo has an leather chaired lounge for sinking pre-prandial cocktails, and there’s an ‘eclectic China’ themed lobby lounge – with glossy black lacquer tables and crimson bamboo-inspired stools – where you can sup Jia’s complimentary wine each evening.
Jia Shanghai 931 West Nanjing Road, Shanghai, China, 200040
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Jia Shanghai
A welcome selection of fruit, canapés and cookies
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Penthouse Plus has the biggest wow factor, with its rock-star proportions, a DJ booth, Jacuzzi tub, full kitchen facilities, and a personal butler in attendance. The corner suites, however, are the Smiths’ top pick, with the fourth floor our favourite for the views from their balconies. These rooms have a cosy apartment feel, only with added glam thanks to the Versace-esque Bisazza mosaic feature walls in the big bathrooms, and the retro pop-art photo prints of Chinese food labels on the walls.
Don’t bother bringing a notepad – you’ll find a cute and collector-worthy custom-made notebook waiting for in your room. Don’t worry about games, either – each room in Jia includes a set of traditional Chinese board games to while away the evenings.
Jia sources its spa services from the nearby Shui Spa, which has talented Filipino therapists available for in-room treatments. Traditional tui-na massages are available too.