J Plus Boutique Hotel
Style Sleek boutique, Starck-style
Setting Hong Kong shopping hub
Less a hotel, more a stylish selection of smart serviced apartments, J Plus Boutique Hotel (formerly Jia Hong Kong) is Philippe Starck’s first foray into Asia; an achingly cool urban retreat where the food is as exquisitely designed as the furnishings.
Need to know
- Rooms 56, including 24 suites.
Double rooms from $166.81 (HKD1,295), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 10% per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (HKD1,295) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include continental breakfast, cakes and evening wines.
- Facilities Second-floor dining sundeck, laundry service, fitness room. In-room amenities: flatscreen TV, DVD player, surround-sound music system, free broadband, kitchenette with fridge, stove and Smeg microwave, minibar.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children J Plus is more geared to adults. Over-14s are welcome in the restaurant.
- Also Non-smoking rooms are available.
Food and drink at J Plus Boutique Hotel
The Drawing Room serves modern/authentic Italian cuisine by Masterchef Roland Schuller. In the lobby continental breakfast, 24-hour coffee, tea, juice and water, afternoon cakes and evening wine are served daily and all are complimentary.
- Dress code Little black numbers and Boss suits.
- Last orders The bar battles on until midnight (1.30am at weekends).
- Room service Order from the Drawing Room menu as well as local treats from selected nearby restaurants.
Divided from diners by a petite candlelit pond, the classy, glassy bar area is a seductive spot. DJs swing by on Wednesdays and weekends to sass up the soundtrack, and there’s an array of cocktails – try one of the signature Ice Balls.
J Plus Boutique Hotel 1-5 Irving Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at J Plus Boutique Hotel
A half-bottle of red wine
Current offers at J Plus Boutique Hotel
Offers at J Plus Boutique Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All rooms are similarly styled and Starck-ed – light and airy, with the designer’s trademark white furnishings and a play of pastels on the fixtures and fittings. Space-wise, the luxurious suites have more to offer, but the rectangular Studio Twos feel surprisingly roomy.
Sturdy shoes for traipsing around vibrant Causeway Bay by day. Leave suitcase space for your night-time finery too – the HK crowd likes to dress up by night.
There's an iPod dock so you can play your favourite tunes on the room’s state-of-the-art sound system. From August 2012, guests will be given J Plus Insider Access Cards, entitling them to discounts at restaurants, entry to private members' clubs and a host of other perks.