Style Wine-lovers' world
Setting A stagger from the Spanish Steps
This island of serenity and elegance lies in the heart of the Roman tourist beast, only a few short metres from the Spanish Steps. In fact, the view from the terrace of Rome's Il Palazzetto hotel onto the 18th-century landmark is absurdly perfect. The private spaces are quiet and airy, lulling the world away. King-size beds are swathed in voluptuous yet unisex fabrics, and the marble bathrooms, which seem demure, are, upon inspection, quite naughty.
Need to know
- Rooms Four.
Double rooms from $425.04 (€320), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€320) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities All rooms have plasma televisions with satellite and 24-hour high-speed internet connection, and the minibar has an extensive selection of wines.
- Check-out 11am. Check-in from 2pm.
- Children An extra bed can be provided if necessary.
- Also Check-in is at sister hotel, the Hassler on Piazza Trinita dei Monti, a two-minute walk away. No pets.
Food and drink at Il Palazzetto
There's no restaurant at Il Palazzetto itself, but guests are shepherded to try the fare at nearby Hotel Hassler at mealtimes.
- Dress code Informal, but zhuzh up for dinner.
- Top table In the summer, grab a place on the terrace.
- Last orders 9.45pm. Restaurant closed Monday.
- Room service Not officially available.
The bar is only available for private functions; Palazzetto guests gravitate to Hotel Hassler next door when it's time for aperitivi.
Il Palazzetto 8 Vicolo del Bottino, Rome, Rome 00187
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Il Palazzetto
A bottle of wine, selected by the director of the Wine Academy
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Black Room at the top of the hotel. Three of the four rooms at this boutique hotel in Rome come with a view of the Spanish Steps.
Rosary beads; a pick and shovel to unearth ancient artefacts a few metres down (the reason Rome's metro has never been completed).
The Wine Academy at Il Palazzetto runs wine courses and private wine tastings as well as guided tours to Italian vineyards. All must be booked in advance.