Style Minimalist Madrileño mansion
Setting Mid-Madrid Retiro Park-side
Right beside the Puerta de Alcalá and on the northwest corner of Retiro Park, you won’t find a better placed boutique hotel in the Spanish capital than Hospes Madrid. Near the upmarket Barrio de Salamanca and nested in a network of boutique-rich streets, the hotel boasts towering ceilings, oversize wooden doors, and moody modern lighting. You come for the location, but you stay for the style.
Need to know
- Rooms 41, including six suites.
Double rooms from $237.33 (€177), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€177) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€22) .
- Facilities Spa with Jacuzzi, hammam, gym, and hair salon, library, free WiFi throughout, valet parking (€35 a day, plus VAT). In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar, Korres toiletries.
- Poolside The Bodyna Spa has a slender, white-tiled hydrotherapy pool, bathed in soothing candlelight.
- Check-out Midday. Later check-out depends on availability.
- Children Cots are available free; extra beds for older children are €100 a night (plus VAT). Babysitting costs around €15 an hour and should be requested when booking. The hotel will also prepare packed lunches and heat milk/food on request.
Food and drink at Hospes Madrid
- Hotel restaurant One of the stars in Madrid’s culinary sky, the hotel’s award-winning Senzone restaurant on the ground floor is a striking modernist space dominated by bright whites and charcoal tones. There’s an adjacent tapas bar too.
- Dress code Senzone’s definitely a venue for a wear-a-jacket dining – dress to impress.
- Top table In the summertime, you can fight the Madrid who’s who brigade for a street-side spot at the tapas bar. There’s no preferable table in Senzone, but up in the lounge bar there are a few high tables for two that overlook the hotel’s atrium.
- Last orders Dinner is available until the kitchen closes at 10.30pm. The Cafeteria Senzone serves drinks until 11pm.
- Room service 24-hours.
- Hotel bar The hotel’s mezzanine lounge is an elegant oak-panelled affair, with leather Chesterfields, overhanging art deco reading lamps and modern art on the walls. You can also take drinks outside on the cosy wooden patio.
Hospes Madrid 3 Plaza de la Independencia, Madrid, 28001
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hospes Madrid
Drinks on arrival and a 20-minute massage for one person
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Go for one of the Deluxe suites overlooking Retiro Park and the Puerta de Alcalá – these have towering ceilings and a bathroom concealed behind a cunningly designed panel, making the room look deceptively open-plan. The four Duplex Suites have the best views of Madrid, although the bedrooms themselves are up in the eaves so the rooms don’t have the same high-ceilinged grandeur.
Everything’s so nearby even the highest heels won’t prove too problematic, so go all out with the glam footwear. That applies to men too; a lot of the places nearby will turn away chaps toting trainers.