Style Boutique inn
Setting Bright, breezy Cardigan Bay
Harbourmaster Hotel is a true pioneer. In one of its nautical-chic sea-view rooms, there's an enormous wrought-iron bed, and a soft leather couch with bright hand-woven woollen covers on the back rests that is typical of the hotel’s style: considered, comfortable and quirky.
Need to know
- Rooms 13, spread over the main building and the warehouse next door.
Double rooms from $139.99 (£92), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£92) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include full Welsh breakfast or late brunch.
- Facilities Flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, plus library at reception. Molton Brown products, Frette bedlinen. Internet dial-up in rooms, WiFi in bar.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children No under-fives (except in the cottage); older children must have own room.
- Also No smoking anywhere on the property.
Food and drink at Harbourmaster Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Modern Welsh cuisine, using plenty of local produce (Welsh Black beef, mackerel and lobster), in the buzzy, uncluttered, contemporary restaurant/bar with oak floor and Welsh art on the walls.
- Dress code Go for a more windswept version of your usual stylish selves.
- Top table Go for table 2 for a window seat; or 18 by the snugly fireside.
- Last orders For lunch, 2.30pm; for dinner, 9pm.
- Room service Continental breakfast only.
- Hotel bar Delicious Welsh tapas: antipasti with local cheese and Spanish ham; local prawns with lime and chilli butter. Real ale available.
Harbourmaster Hotel Pen Cei, Aberaeron, Ceredigion, Cardigan Bay, SA46 0BT
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Harbourmaster Hotel
Half a bottle of champagne
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Madona suite on the top floor has the best panoramic views of the coastline. Aeron Belle has a comfy leather sofa and views overlooking the sea. Gwalia features original stone walls. The new Aeron Queen room has a panoramic view of the bay from its juliet balcony.
Fishing rod, kite, stout walking boots or wellies.
Umbrellas can be borrowed from reception.