Style Funked-up stately home
Setting Acres of spectacular Cotswolds
Once you have taken in the astonishing grandeur of this Italianate stone house near Cheltenham, you may think yourself convinced that whatever is within cannot match it. To call the look 'designer' doesn’t do justice to Cowley Manor’s funky, flamboyant aesthetic; the effect of cowhide window seats and comical papier-mâché ‘hunting trophies’ is certainly a world away from the usual country-house hotels.
Need to know
- Rooms 30.
Double rooms from $183.29 (£121), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£121) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include full English breakfast.
- Facilities 55 acres of land, billiards room, spa (the C-Side) with four treatment rooms, gym, sauna.
- Poolside C-Side spa has two pools: a 17m, slate-lined indoor pool and an elegant outdoor pool with a bar, waiter service and rows of sleek sun loungers. Both are heated year round.
- Check-out Midday. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Babysitting is available by arrangement. A children’s supper is served between 5.30pm and 6.30pm. More...
- Also CD and DVD library. Wellington boots are provided. Pets welcome in one of the two dog-friendly rooms; £25 charge per pet, a night. Two-night minimum stay at weekends.
Food and drink at Cowley Manor
The grand, oak-panelled dining room is formal but candlelit and welcoming. The hotel has a new chef, Matthew Cuthbert, fresh from perfecting his art alongside the likes of Marco Pierre White and Heston Blumenthal. Expect punchy, flavoursome food that focuses on the very best of seasonal, local ingredients.
- Dress code More uptown than dressed down.
- Top table By the window, especially in summer.
- Last orders Food: 11pm at weekends and 10pm during the week. Breakfast is available from 7.30am until 11am.
- Room service 24 hours.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Cowley Manor Cowley, near Cheltenham, Cotswolds, GL53 9NL
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Cowley Manor
A complimentary spa product
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The stable-block rooms, especially the split-level ones. Half of the Exceptional rooms have own balcony, and the Best room (actual name) has a private terrace, double bath and four-poster bed.
Running kit, if you fancy scenic cross-country.