Style Modern Med minimalism
Setting Rugged Amalfi cliff side
It’s hard to imagine a more majestic location than perched on the Amalfi coastal cliffs, between the green mountains and the deep blue sea – from the rooftop terrace of Casa Angelina, the ocean view spreads out before you like an azure blanket, disturbed only by the island bumps of Capri and Li Galli and the rocky toe of Italy stretching into the horizon. Every fixture, fitting and furnishing gleams brilliant white, solely offset by the wild and whimsical colours of the Murano glass sculptures dotted around the communal areas.
Need to know
- Rooms 43, including four beachside apartments.
Double rooms from $417.11 (€323), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€323) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Buffet breakfast costs €25 a person.
- Facilities Gym, beauty/massage treatments, DVD library, free WiFi in communal areas and some rooms, shuttlebus to Positano. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, L’Occitane toiletries.
- Poolside Casa Angelina has two. Inside the hotel, a heated hydrotherapy pool bubbles away under a constellation of fibre optics on the ceilings. Out on the decked terrace, a sun-warmed counter-current pool is surrounded by cubic white arm chairs and parasols.
- Check-out 3pm; later check-out is subject to availability.
- Children Children are welcome in low season, for €110 a night; over-10s only in high season. Babysitting can be arranged at €18 an hour with a day’s notice. The restaurant has a children’s menu.
- Also There’s a four-night minimum stay during high season (May to September).
- Hotel closed 3 November to 1 April.
Food and drink at Casa Angelina
- Hotel restaurant Un Piano nel Cielo (‘a floor in the sky’) is just that – a top-floor terrace with yet more amazing views of the Amalfi coast. The indoor area is fitted with wide round windows, so you can still admire the vista.
- Dress code White summer wraps to blend in – or vibrant-toned sarongs to stand out. Gigantic sunglasses are de rigueur.
- Top table Ask for a spot on the edge of the terrace overlooking the ocean – dining doesn’t get more dramatic.
- Last orders The kitchen closes at 10.20pm, but the bar stays open until 1am.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar The small Moroccan-influenced bar has a terrace on the cliff-edge scattered with teak tables and umbrellas – there can be few more romantic spots on the Amalfi coast for enjoying a sundowner. The staff certainly know their way around a mojito.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Casa Angelina Via Gennaro Capriglione 147, Praiano, Amalfi Coast, 84010
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Casa Angelina
Champagne and fresh fruit on arrival, a romantic bath on the first night, and a Casa Angelina Lifestyle candle on departure
Current offers at Casa Angelina
Offers at Casa Angelina
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Although we do love the views of Praiano from the Grand Deluxe Suite’s Duravit Starck bath tub, Junior Suite 401 has to be the most reach-for-the-camera impressive, with a vast private terrace offering 180º views of Positano and Capri from the comfort of a luxurious lounger. 150 steps down from the main hotel beside the private beach, Casa Angelina’s four airy apartments come with Bang and Olufsen entertainment systems and a communal honesty bar, and incorporate the natural rock of the cliff face into their whitewashed walls.
Steep steps are everywhere in these parts, so heels will need stowable back-up – pack some handbaggable flats. Pashminas and hairspray will keep your precious tresses in place while speeding along the coast by boat.
By far the best way to explore this famed stretch of coastline is by boat – perfect for spotting secluded little beaches nestled into he cliffs. There are plenty of taxi boats available – the hotel will be happy to arrange one for you.